Sunday, November 20, 2011

I love you! I hate you!

Honestly, I applied because I needed a new computer.

I didn't have the money upfront, so I was going to see if I could take out a loan, strictly for the computer.


(The only thing I REALLY needed the credit card for)

I went to the bank, explained my situation, gave them some info. and TA DA, how exciting, I was approved for a credit card.

I had always thought about obtaining a credit card but thought, no no, because I didn't want to get out of control. But the thing about this time was I needed a computer, bad, and the credit limit was the exact amount I needed for it, so I signed my money away.

I got my shiny, plastic new best friend in the mail a few days later and headed out to the Apple store to put myself $1500 in debt. It's okay though, because like I said I needed this computer, and it truly was a good investment, and still is. I paid the computer off and within a few months and had a high limit again. I know you have to use the credit to build the credit so it was convenient that I needed a maintenance check on my car. Perfect. This is the only way I'll use my credit card, for things I absolutely need. 

Well, I wanted tinted windows, didn't need them but justified it by  telling myself I just didn't like people seeing into my car. So I charged it.
I wasn't regretful because they were helping me build my credit and also those purchases wouldn't go out of style.

Again, I paid my card off.

Okay, so I had zero balance due and was going to Vegas in a few weeks. 
I needed a dress, obviously, and new heels, Duh! Oh, I'll put it on my credit card. And just like that, I owed my best friend some money.

Oh, I also really needed those Jeffrey Campbell wedges, and jacket, and watch because I've been wanting a watch! And those jeans, oh hell that whole outfit and another pair of heels because I'm going to a wedding, and another pair of 'fall' boots so my feet don't get cold and oh another pair of closed toed heels for the cold weather because it's just what I need!

(A 'few' items CC has purchased)

Need!

Yeah, right. I don't need any of that shit, but the thing about my bff and enemy is it provides me with instant gratification with money I don't have at the time and I have to pay back later....which is the least fun part. So I love you, when you buy me beautiful things right then and there. I hate you when you make me pay...later!

Fortunately I'm not crazy, and I'm not in crazy debt, but I now realize why people say credit cards are dangerous. BUT OH MY GOD being dangerous is SO MUCH FUN!

1 comment: