Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Spirit

I usually love the holidays. LOVE! I'm the one who gets excited when Starbucks use their red cups instead of regular cups and produce the fancy warm drinks like the peppermint mocha or gingerbread latte....well for whatever reason it's just not getting me all hyped up like usual.

I can't figure out why.

It probably has to do with the lack of money I have, also I've been so busy with school the holidays approached without warning, just "READY OR NOT HERE I AM!"

Maybe, too it's because I'm getting older. I mean HOLY SHIT I'm almost 24!!! (Yes, poor me, I realize 24 is hardly old, but damn it's the oldest I will have been!)

I think it really has a lot to do with my dad being there and us being here, but I can't let that bring me down. After finals, I pledge to get into the holiday spirit. Drink hot coco, or gingerbread lattes and listen to Justin Bieber's "Under the Mistletoe" because hey, it's a new kind of Christmas carol! Also go look at lights, put up a tree (hopefully), possibly go gift shopping (because remember, I have a credit card!) and enjoy every moment I have with people I love. And also, I pledge to drink a lot of champagne...aka champleasure, because it's bubbly and delicious!!!!

I'm almost there! Almost.

1 comment: