Monday, November 21, 2011

Bye, Mom

Mom's going to Arkansas for Thanksgiving week. My dad is there for work. We all haven't seen him since summertime so it's nice she's going out there. 

It's a little weird though because this is the very first Thanksgiving without my parents. Brad and Roberto are here and we're planning to have our own dinner together. It's a bit stressful because I've never had to plan such a big meal. I think we'll enjoy each other's company regardless. It's a new challenge for me. I'm excited and scared at the same time. Fortunately Chris is right there by my side to help me out.

Let this be an unconventional, always remembered Thanksgiving!

Bye, Mom! Have fun. The crazy kids will miss you and dad, very much!

2 comments:

  1. It is a little strange having Thanksgiving without your parents, that is how I've spent the holiday these last 5 years. This is finally my first Thanksgiving with them! I'm glad you have company to share the fun with! Enjoy that pumpkin mousse ;]

    Check out my blog & giveaways at:
    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just read this... december 4th... i am so proud of you for holding it all together and keeping your siblings feeling loved while dad and i were miles and miles away....HEART

    ReplyDelete