Thursday, November 10, 2011

Babes

I'm not really an animal person, or atleast I didn't think I was, and then we got Skyler and Cassandra.

I had my fair share of 'pets' as in goldfish won from the fair, hamsters because they were cheap to buy and take care of and I've taken care of hermit crabs. I grew up with a few cats but they weren't mine, and never really liked me (I assume when they hiss at you they're not really into your presence).

I just got used to not really being an animal person. My friends grew up with dogs and would tell me how they're emotionally attached and love them so much, but I just never understood it. And then we got Skyler and Cassandra.

Roberto, my brother always wanted cats, but it had always been "no" because my dads allergic and because even though we always said we'd take care of them mom knew she'd be the primary caretaker. Roberto has been wanting a cat for years and just assumed the only time he'd get one was when he moved out and had his own place to care for them.

One day Brad just casually asked our mom if we could get a kitten. A girl from school had a litter of kitties and was going to give them away for free. My mom said yes, which we all were surprised to hear. My dads in Arkansas and he was the only one allergic, so why not? We needed something cute and furry roaming around the house.

The girl asked Brad if we wanted two. We didn't think it was realistic but mom, again surprised us, and said yes!! And then we got Cassandra and Skyler.

As soon as I saw them I fell in love.

Oh. My. Gosh. So in love. Now I know why people are so in love with animals. I've nicknamed them my Babays. But have now shortened it to Babes. My Babes.

1 comment: