Friday, November 25, 2011

Desserts Part II (And a Feast, too!)

I did it! Made dessert. Ok, except I could have cooked both a little less but otherwise they went smoothly. Also made a really big Thanksgiving feast with the help of Chris, Roberto and a little help from Brad (he took most of the photos). Chris fried turkey. I was a bit skeptical at first because I'm not a big fan of fried anything, but it wasn't greasy at all! It was delicious, juicy and took a quarter of the time a roasted turkey would take! I made my dads famed mashed potatoes and they turned out really delicious. I'm proud I can make those now! Chris made his famous, delicious mac n cheese with extremely fancy cheese (smoked gouda and Alfredo sauce, there was not an ounce of cheddar cheese in the mix) and Brad absoultely LOVED it (he's quite the picky eater and even if there is something foreign in the ingredients to him, he will not try it so it's a good thing we did not tell him what it was). Roberto put together dough for homemade biscuits and cooked maple glazed sweet potatoes on the BBQ. I made green bean casserole for Chris (comfort food for him, all new for the rest of us!) It was a lot of fun. Even though I still missed my parents it was really nice to create a little family of our own, and I am so thankful for that!











Pouring the creme brulee mixture into ramekins, posing with my only a little bit burnt pie crust, the ginger snap cookie and raisin pie crust, pumpkin mixture for the pie, pumpkin mixture with vanilla ice cream for the pie, pouring it in (yum, yum!), my mashed potatoes!, a sea of bacon for the stuffing, the turkey fryer!, Chris dropping in the turkey, after the turkey was dropped in, still frying the turkey, a little blurry..but high fiving each other because we did not burn the house down!, success!, our feast!, and me with the final desserts

4 comments:

  1. hi liz.. great pictures!... if you don't mind I am going to try to repost this post onto my blog... show off how great my hija is...
    anyway.. i am also giving you THE LOVELY BLOG AWARD...just go to my blog.. save image, and plant it onto your site... woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI AGAIN... i gave the award to rebeccah also but i don't know where to comment on her site... so if you can let her know... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still sneak ingredients into recipes when hubby isn't looking. Great feast. Cute blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cool, I follow your tia!

    ReplyDelete