Monday, October 24, 2011

Us

We met over four years ago. It never really occurred to me that we would be together. I met him through one of my really good friends and they would always hang out, and I'd tag along many times being the "third wheel". It was fun though, the three of us would just hang out, talk, laugh do whatever.

I started to develop feelings but brushed them off. "No, we're just friends", would go through my mind. I heard he thought I was cute but again I brushed it off. "We're just friends." This went on for sometime all the meanwhile I'm realizing "I do like him, he's cute, he's funny, he's so nice!" and then it just happened.

It was out of the blue, like all my friends had told me in the past. "It will come when you least expect it". Our relationship just started off as fun. We'd hang out and talk and get to know each other, but it was never anything serious. I think we both thought, "this is fun for now, but I'm sure we'll both move on." But we kept hanging out, and our feelings kept developing. I remember asking him what we were. "We're hanging out, friends, like each other, into each other and only seeing each other." "Okay" I said, "but I want to be your girlfriend." "Why? It's just a title, we both know what we are." 
I never had a boyfriend. High school was just high school. I hung out with my friends, never got to know anyone on a boyfriend type level. This was the closest thing I had to it, and I wanted that title, I guess I was a typical girl, so I braved it and asked him out.

We went to the movies that night and it was on my mind more than ever. I figured after the movie I'd bring it up. The time had come. "I really want to be your girlfriend, I know we're both committed and not seeing anyone else, but I really want that title, I've never had a boyfriend before, and I really want to call you mine." "Ha, Ha, alright, let's do it then. We're boyfriend and girlfriend." And that was that. We drove home, as boyfriend and girlfriend.

We haven't looked back since. We've fallen in love, we've had our fights, we've made up, we're living our lives. Chris and I have officially been together for 3 years, he's made the last three years really, really good and I truly love him. 

2 comments: