Sunday, October 23, 2011

my interesting collection



I understand it, but people may not, I have a weakness for collecting clothing catalogs. Interesting, right? But there’s a reason why. It’s not even about the models, who are just as beautiful, but the clothes, the shoes, the whole outfit put together! I subscribe to a few, ok many and I kid you not when I get one in the mail I get really, really excited like I just received a personal letter from a long lost friend. 

First let me just say I love, love capital L-O-V-E clothes. Ever since I was young I have just fallen in love with clothes. I suppose I’m the average girl that loves feeling pretty and looking cute, which I do, but clothes call to me. I love putting together outfits and looking just perfect from head to toe. I suppose that’s why I love fashion catalogs, they always look so put together.

My favorite: J.Crew.  Let me just say that I go through that catalog multiple times and study the outfits and decide how the stylist put what and what together and how they nailed it so perfectly. I used to dream about being a stylist, my dream keeps reoccurring and I believe I want to go back to being a stylist, particularly for fashion catalogs. They give me inspiration on how I want to dress and they give me plenty of ideas. I fall in love, in so much love with the glossy print FREE pages of these catalogs. That’s the second best part, they’re free and offer so much advice without words! The first best part are the photos of the clothes, obviously. For some reason I just can’t stop smiling when I look at pages and pages of catalogs. You should see my closet, I’m pretty sure I have over a hundred, and they’re not going anywhere because they’re my collection, and I like looking at pretty things, and I’m always into being inspired when it comes to putting an outfit together!

1 comment:

  1. yea! for inspiration; and clothes; and looking pretty.... so, of course, yea! for catalogs.

    ReplyDelete