Tuesday, December 20, 2011

24 Things

In honor of being 24 today (24?!?!?!?!?!? I remember itching to be 21!!!! Holy shit! That was three years ago!!!!!!!) I figured it'd be nice to share 24 things I have learned, acknowledged or gained some experience from...

1. As long as I enjoy it, and they like my company, there is nothing wrong with still living with my parents

2. Sibling relationships get much stronger. No more "I hate you" and much more "I love you"!

3. Staying active and eating right has not only gotten me thinner, but also so much healthier, energized and an overall enlightened person.

4. If you find people you enjoy hanging out with, stick with them, you never know, they can turn into your best friends.

5. There is nothing wrong with taking an extended 2+ years in college to 'figure out what you really want to do'....and I'm still trying.

6. To not judge, but be curious.

7. Have fun. A lot of fun. As long as I possibly can.

8. Alcohol is not just for getting drunk anymore, it's actually meant to enjoy!

9. Taking the stairs.

10. I always mentally assess what I will do in crowded situations if there is an earthquake. Weird? Maybe. Smart? I think so.

11. Time goes by. so. fast.

12. Working hard is the only option to get what you want.

13. Feeling like I should have accomplished much more by 24, but also realizing I'm taking things at my own pace.

14. Being nice to people, if they don't like it, I don't need their time.

15. Driving is no longer as fun as it was at 16.

16. Working out can actually be a lot of fun (I know, right?)

17. Falling in love has been one of the coolest, greatest, most fun experiences I have been able to share with a person.

18. To take notes and be organized, because mentally it can't always happen.

19. Appreciate the days. Even if they're shitty days.

20. To dress for my figure and wear a lot of heels!

21. Keep things clean. I always feel so much better.

22. Understanding all the things my parents went through for us, realizing there is absolutely no rush to get married or have kids just yet.

23. To keep a memory box, journal, etc. to look back on all the things that have helped make me the person I am today.

24. Realizing I am as old and as young as I'll ever be. Today.


and a P.S., to invest in some good sunglasses.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. Great thoughts.... Seems youve learned quite a lot about life. I love you, Lizzy. HEART. happy, happy....

    ReplyDelete