Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've got a love letter

Oh Nicholas,

the cutest, sweetest kindergartener at work. He always goes out of his way to say "hello" and definitely makes sure to say "goodbye" when he leaves. His face is just so cute and honestly I can't get enough of how sweet he truly is! I hope when I have a kid he or she is a genuine child like Nicholas.

Today I went into work and all the kids greeted me with "Hi Miss Liz!". It was really cool because they're not usually in the room I go into when I first arrive so it was an extremely nice surprise. After they all said hello, Nicholas came up to me with a big smile on his face and said, "Miss Liz, I have something for you! Can I give it to you during snack time?" I said, "Of course Nicholas! I'm excited to see what it is!" and the biggest smile grew on his face.
 

Right before the bell rang to greet the upper graders Nicholas came up to me and asked if he could give me the thing he was excited about. "Definitely!"

He hands me an envelope with this inside

His cheeks were the reddest I have ever seen and he smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen. It really warmed my heart! Things like this make me love my job and how I have an affect on kids.

5 comments: