Tuesday, July 10, 2012

London Calling

Our 10 hour plane ride at the beginning of our trip was the least of my worries I learned early on. 

We arrived in London tired yet so ecstatic that we were finally there! We checked into the hostel and immediately went to chow on local cuisine and down a few pints. It was a successful first day. In the meantime instead of using an actual camera I decided to use my phone because the quality of the camera was great! I also brought another camera just in case I ran out of room on my phone.

We had heard about this pub crawl that is the "one thing you have to do while in London". We thought it would be a lot of fun so we jumped at the chance to see how the locals party. I decided to bring my phone to document the fun. I guess I wasn't thinking too much of all the advice people gave when going to pubs to hold onto your belongings, because I had put my phone in my pocket just out of habit. Someone else had noticed, and while I was heading to the restroom they reached their hand into my pocket and just took it. It all happened in a quick second. It was a whirlwind of confusion and sadness and being really pissed off, but long story short all of my really good London pictures were on my phone so I have very little.

Although I am still upset that happened to me, I am grateful it happened so early on and that I brought my other camera because I would be extremely bummed if my phone got stolen half way or even three quarters during the trip. So here are the few, but great few that I have from London!

The London Eye, much bigger than this picture depicts.


 Jess and Rebec walking on the sidewalk toward Big Ben


 Big Ben!


Trying to get an artistic view of the London Eye

We stumbled upon this cool skatepark covered in street art. We had to take pictures.



A pretty neat outside bar where we made a pitstop to grab a pint, or in our case a half pint, and take a break from all the sight seeing.

Although London is extremely limited, the rest of the countries traveled have many more and I am excited to share them!

3 comments:

  1. wow this skatepark looks great!

    yay you are finally back! :-) I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean by "lLondon is limited"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I meant my London pictures were limited since most of them were on my phone...I wish I had more to show!

      Delete