Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pack Lightly

Mom, Brad and I went over to REI to search for a backpack I can lug around in Europe(!). Little did I know it would be so overwhelming finding that perfect backpack that fits all the necessities: comfort, size that is neither too small or too big, and of course it needs to look good (somewhat, anyway). I tried on a few but mostly tested one and mom wanted to document the fun!

Getting my torso measured to make sure the backpack will not be too high above my head. I learned I have a small torso (extra small!)
 Brad inspecting the backpack, making sure it's 'swag'
This helpful guy adding pounds so I can really feel what it would be like to walk around with weight
Closing the backpack full of maximum capacity
With all the simulated weight of clothes and 'crap' it ended up being 22 pounds!
Learned to lift with the knees, I don't need a broken back in Europe
Getting the feel of 22 pounds
Walking around the store 
Brad and I trying to look for shoes but it was too crowded (can you tell he's taller than me in the picture? He's so happy about that!)
A sea of backpacks. Who knew there would be so many to choose from?

2 comments:

  1. see! i knew you'd want pictures. goes to show, mom knows best.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) it looks very heavy! poor u!:-)

    but it's soo cute with this little flower!:)

    ReplyDelete