Thursday, January 12, 2012

A little Scared

So even though it's five months away I am hesitant to by my round trip ticket to Europe NOW.

I can't figure out exactly why....maybe it's because I'm scared I am going to run out of money

or that my energy level will be depleted and I'll be the sad person holding everyone up from the world

or because I have never been away from home for five weeks (lame I know, I'm 24, I should be more cultured)

or that I'm also going to be away from my loving boyfriend of forever years, I've never been away for so long

or that I'm scared to take that ten hour flight because I'm not a very big fan of flying

or that I won't get time off work and will have already purchased the ticket, and then what?

BUT

the pros are:

I finally will be able to see Europe!

Five weeks. FIVE WEEKS! To explore the countries and understand the culture

I mean, backpacking through Europe....I'm only young once and really how many people can say they have done that?

The food, oh my the food....especially in Italy and probably Greece and okay the baguettes in France and the beer in Germany and...oh MY!

Being able to experience the world with my friends of over 10 years, when will I ever be able to do that again!?

Finally become independent and spread my wings a bit, understand that I do need to grow up....just a bit

I feel like if I take this trip not only will I learn a lot and a lot about myself, but from what many say who have gone it can be life-changing and absolutely ah-may-zing!

6 comments:

  1. I totally understand your fear but I'm sure it's gonna be an amazing trip! I live in Europe and I have never been to these countries (okay, I've been to Germany:D) and I'm so happy for you:)
    be a brave girl!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in Europe do you live? I appreciate your support Caise, it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about the 10 hours flight, I'm not a fan of flying either. Just make sure you're wearing comfy clothes on the plane and you should be fine. :) Good luck! I hope you take this leap of faith, It's a chance of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate both of your support! I realize I am scared because I don't know what to expect. It's fear of the unknown and I realize it'd be ridiculous to not go because I don't know what to expect. I need a live on the edge, just a little bit anyway! hahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Expect adventure! New places, but remember that wherever you go there are people, some bad and some good - and in that way the world is a little smaller and less scary. Just keep and open mind, and instead of wondering what to expect, rejoice in the fact that unexpected things can be the more special things :)

      Delete