Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Vintage

My mom and I went over to my grandma's to chat. It's nice catching up with her, stories are always told from her youth. She's 91 and I could listen to her talk for days and days. She's such a lovely lady! My grandpa passed when I was 13 so I didn't get to know him as intellectually as I would have liked but do remember few conversations from his wise mind. 

Yesterday my mom and I got the pleasure to go through a few vintage photos and I wanted to share because that time of era is just so beautiful!

 My lovely grandma on the far left with her two sisters
 My grandpa John as a baby. He was born in 1911.
 Grandma Mary and her brother
 My handsome grandpa John
 Grandpa John....tall, "You got the Palmer genes!"
 Grandma Mary (second from the right) and her siblings
Grandma Mary...a pilot in the U.S. Navy during WWII, she's awesome!
 A little blurry, but an amazing photo! My mom (bottom left) and some of my uncles. I've had the pleasure to hear exciting stories from their youth!
 My handsome grandpa John's profile

Grandma Mary, not sure how old she is here but I definitely see where my mom gets her looks from!

2 comments:

  1. oh, my lizzy. wow! this is such a great tribute to your grandparents (and me!). awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures! I wish I could have better relationships with my parents and grandparents

    ReplyDelete