Friday, January 27, 2012

Kids

Kids are funny. I work at an after school program facilitating kids with homework, projects, etc. but most of the hours of the day are spent outside having freeplay.

I was out by the handball courts just monitoring, making sure the kids weren't getting into trouble and just watching.

A group of girls (all third grade) were on one side of the court and a group of boys(looked like third to sixth grade) were on the other side.

One of the girls happened to go over to the other side of the court and noticed this "really hot boy" (of course the oldest one), and the teasing, attention grabbing, ball throwing began.

It reminded me of when I was that age. I remember finding a boy cute and my friends would immediately run over and say "Yeah, that girl over there? She thinks your cute!" and I'd try to hide, run away, do anything so he wouldn't know it was me, but at the same time I would want him to know it was me hoping he'd think I was cute too.

This went back and forth for about thirty minutes. The girl went to the extent of wanting to write him love notes. She kept running around, giggling and acting silly. Finally the boys had to leave. The girl watched them leave looking a little sad but then went on with her friends laughing and being silly with the girls as if nothing ever happened.

Ah, young love.

2 comments:

  1. yay young loves! :-) ohh I hated those situation when I had a crush on a cute (of course older;-) boy and my girlfriends had to tell him everything;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super young love. so giggly and fun.

    ReplyDelete