Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Amsterdam

Amsterdam! So much more than the red light district and coffee shops! I was a tad bit skeptical about Amsterdam, I deemed it as the party city at the end of our trip filled with space cakes and half naked ladies trying to entice us under those red lights. I was excited to see what was normal for them and taboo for us but also thought this was all I'd see. I was wrong, so wrong! Amsterdam actually became one of my favorite cities. We spent a day riding bikes around the city and discovered beautiful canals, bicycles everywhere and a very family oriented, low key city. We were able to visit the Anne Frank house which was very humbling and see the beautiful paintings of Van Gogh. I did not take too many photos because I was too busy zooming by on a bike, but Amsterdam is definitely a place I want to go back and visit again one day.
































No comments:

Post a Comment